Sunday, February 7, 2010

Moonlight Cafe'

I work at a little Italian restaurant in the heart of Dover township. Your first impression of the place, if you don't pass it while driving is "Wow thats a tiny restaurant". The building is fairly small. We have about forty seats and about twelve tables but do not let the size fool you. For within the four walls of the establishment you will find the best homemade Itailian food you will find in York County! As with any Italian food to fully enjoy the flavors you will need a good bottle of wine. The restaurant does not carry a liquor permit but the customer is more than welcomed to Bring Your Own Bottle. The atmosphere in this restaurant make you feel like you are truly in Italy. Italian music flows all around you and aroma of garlic and white wine tickles your nose. The chef born and raised in Sicily has his cooking station right in the restaurant. The chef entertains the custormers with flames soaring from his sautee' pans and quickness in preparing thier piping hot, mouth watering pasta dinners. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable about the menue' which ranges from you classic spagetti and meatball to a more creative dish chilean sea bass. The dinners have quailty ingrediants but are fairly priced, for example.

Appetizer: Crab Dip $9.00
Entree': Veal Parmigiana $16.00
Dessert: Homemade Tiramisu' $5.00
Drink: Caramel Latte' $3.45

The next time you eat out instead of going to the Olive Garden I recommend taking a trip Dover. The Moonlight Cafe' is a secret gem of a restaurant that will surely become one of your favorite places to eat!

3 comments:

  1. I have been there only once and it was ABSOLUTELY the best Chicken Marsala I have ever had the good fortune to eat... Thanks for reminding me, I will have to come again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i live right down from there and it is a tiny little place. But doever is full of people that i bet love it there. DOver is also full of unexcepting things. Fort example there was a three car cop chase with a pitbike(mini dirtbike) through dover. I know becasue he is my best friend.lol the little ti=owns have the most excetment i guess

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know Vito the owner of the moonlight cafe'. He is a great chief. His asabuco is to die for.I didn't know you work there, what a great job.My husband and I have not been in for awhile,but I think it's time for some great Italian food. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete